How To Style Bookshelves
Happy Friday to my blog following tribe, I love you guys! Ok, so today I want to share with you how I styled my bookshelves. This was a project I struggled with for about 6 months until I told myself it was time to pull it together. Here are some tips on how to style bookshelves to achieve this look:
- Pick a color theme. I chose airy and neutral so that automatically whittled down the accessories that I had to work with. When I went shopping I was looking for white and cream books and accessories.
- Choose a balance of objects, books, art and frames. It will be a bit of a puzzle at first, but objects will be migrating from shelf to shelf until they land in the right spot.
- If you have a bunch of mismatched picture frames, paint them all the same color and automatically everything is more cohesive.
- If you don’t want to invest in a bunch of expensive coffee books, you can cheat a bit and turn the pages to face outward with books you already own so you can’t see the spines.
- Remove the book jacket covers, because underneath are often prettier book spines.
- Put items on the top shelf that you don’t need to access.
- I placed baskets on the bottom shelf to hide toys! I’m always looking for ways to store those suckers 😉 Believe it or not, my 2 year old doesn’t take any of the frames and books off the shelves, thank you JESUS!
If you need any home decor ideas, check out this post!