This easy dog biscuit recipe is not only a fun activity – but it also doesn’t result in handfuls of sugary treats laying around!! Baking with your kids is so much fun, but also so messy! You have to clean the kitchen, and then all the sugar, icing, etc. off their hands and faces! This at least eliminates one of those. Depending on the pumpkin puree that I use, I occasionally need to add more or less flour. The dough should be firm but not too tight.
Every good pup deserves a special treat now and then, so try out this easy dog biscuit recipe to spoil your furry friend sometime! This recipe is also great to make as a gift, just make sure you check for allergies first. I like to wrap them up in parchment paper and tie off with some pretty ribbon when I do this. Below you’ll find links to all the tools you need to make my easy dog biscuit recipe. During specific holidays I love to change up the shapes. You can get hearts during Valentines, shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day, and trees during Christmas. Plenty of shapes to keep your puppy happy all year round. If you end up making these, let me know how it goes! As always, you can tag me on social media or email me with questions and updates on recipes.
Easy Dog Biscuit Recipe – to Bake With the Kids!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, canned
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients in mixer on low until well blended.
- Put dough between two sheets parchment paper.
- Roll to approximately 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Use cookie cutter (or glass) to cut out biscuits.
- Bake for approximately 17 minutes.
- Once cool, wrap in parchment paper and tie off to give as gifts or store in airtight container.