My Farm Thanksgiving post is finally live, yay! I’ve been dying to share these details with y’all. One of my favorite things in the world is setting a table. It’s kind of a funny thing to love, but I love it. Creating the layers and bringing the textures and colors together is so gratifying to me. I absolutely adore creating cozy environments!! Hopefully this will give you some ideas for your holiday tablescape.
Table Tips and Details:
- ALWAYS have candles on the table. This is a must for me, it creates ambiance that makes you feel relaxed and cozy. Always think about creating an environment where you want to linger and your guests to enjoy. It’s your lucky day because I have a coupon code for 20% off of this entire candle shop. You absolutely must check out Lucid Candle; use JCATH20 at checkout for 20% off. I use these candles because they do not burn down and drip; and it’s pretty difficult for the wind to blow them out too. I’m slightly obsessed with my candle sticks and you will be too. You can find them here. I sprinkled votives around the table too for extra glimmer, the votives I used are on sale here. If you want them in white you can shop them here.
- I styled the most gorgeous peonies in a deep cranberry color and I was over the moon obsessed. These flowers in real life were beyond amazing. I paired two other flowers in a similar color to create texture and interest and then of course added greenery to make it pop. Using floral foam in the containers to stick my flowers in is the key to achieving this look 😉 I also added some greenery by weaving it around the vases.
- Layering a round placemat with a charger on top creates the most layers and texture. My goal is always layers and textures without looking too fussy. You can buy my feather placemats here and my chargers here.
- If you want to add something fun and unexpected to your table, you simply must add a CRACKER! You pull the ends a part and out comes a paper crown, a joke and a little toy. The best variety of crackers I’ve seen has been at World Market. You can shop a similar version of mine here.
- I bought my napkins a few years ago at ACE Hardware on a whim. They are by Mud Pie and I’m glad I finally got to use them! Using cloth napkins always elevates a table scape. Having a monogram or a special something on the napkin adds another nice layer too.
- Napkin rings are definitely not necessary because there are so many ways to style a napkin. BUT, this year I decided to add more touches of gold so I went with it. You can find them napkins rings I used here and here.
- Shout out to my mom for letting me borrow her Simon Pearce glasses! They are big and awesome and you can buy them here.
- For the tablecloth, I went to the fabric store and found something that I liked on sale and then just unrolled it onto my dinner table. I will take the time later to have the edges sewn…but nobody noticed 😉
- I will always and forever use my silver silverware, it is one of my favorite treasures!
- The kids table is almost the same set up as last year…same tables just styled a little differently. I bought everything for it at World Market.
- The Bar and charcuterie area will have it’s own full post. I’ll be highlighting the items that I served and details on all of the pieces. But for now, you can buy the black charcuterie board from Coton Colors. It is amazing and I love that it’s a black rectangle. They have a bunch of these in their Atlanta store. Tell them I said hi!!
- The dessert table was the bar last year, but I wanted to change it up this year. The pillar candles are of course from Lucid Candle and then I’ve been collecting pie stands and display items for awhile. You can find some of the stands here and here.