My Bad Ass Rice Krispy Treat Recipe with Protein
Rice Krispy treats are one of my families favorite treats and I recently just mastered the recipe thanks to my my friend Jess T. My bad ass Rice Krispy treat recipe (with protein) is now available to you! She has been making these babies for over 18 years and has perfected the recipe. She actually made them in her dorm room in college and sold them for extra cash! Meanwhile, I would have been the one buying them they are so good.
We are both healthy mommas that like to sneak in extra nutrition into whatever we can. It’s an extra bonus that they are gluten free too! This is her recipe and I’m excited to share it with you. If you are looking for another sweet treat try out this one, or another here.
- 3 Tablespoons Grass Fed Butter
- 4-6 Cups of Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps (these are a little fatter and made the recipe even better! I found them at Fresh Market)
- 1 Package Marshmallows
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (protein to keep your blood sugar balanced)
- Spray the pan with Avocado oil to prevent sticking.
- Melt 3 TSB of butter in the pan, then add the marshmallows.
- Slowly melt the marshmallows on medium high and stir constantly the whole time.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, add the Rice Crisps and Vital Proteins. Continue to stir constantly until it is all mixed. (Yes, this is an arm workout)
- Scoop it all out of the pan and put in your pan..I use a glass pan.
- Spray your hands with the avocado oil and press the mixture into the pan. Spraying your hands will prevent your hands from getting sticky!
My shirt from Nani Pani is sold out but you can find similar here, here and here.