Traditions are wonderful, and Christmas is full of the best of them. From reading books, to completing the Advent calendar and leaving cookies out for Santa, there are so many great traditions during the holiday season. In less than a month, it’ll be the night before Christmas and I’m here to help you get ready!
One of my favorite traditions is getting new matching pajamas for Christmas. It’s a great time to get pictures of your kids, since the glow from the tree is perfect. The girls are still at that age where they’ll dress up together and I love it! There are so many prints available that are darling and the robes that I’ve linked are so cute. Below you’ll find a few of my favorites along with the books we enjoy reading each night.
Lastly, I always find myself in the kitchen during the Christmas season and it’s been a great place to make memories. This year I wanted to share this gluten free Christmas cookie recipes for Santa to enjoy the night before Christmas! It’s got maple syrup in it to keep it sweet, and I feel like it would be Buddy the Elf approved if he had them. The dough freezes well, but will need to thaw out after in order to allow the coconut oil to soften. I’ve left a recipe card here on the post so you can save it and make some for yourself! Let me know how they turn out and as always, tag me in pictures on social media if you make them!
Twas The Night Before Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 C almond or hazelnut flour
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/4 C milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all dough ingredients (this will be a bit different from traditional dough).
- Roll out dough between sheets of parchment paper and move rolled dough to the refrigerator to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut your desired shapes then bake for 7-10 minutes, you’ll want them to just barely turn golden brown
- Mix all the ingredients for the icing, then pipe onto cooled cookies and decorate however you’d like.