Designer Series 1: Amy Morris
Another new weekly series is starting this year with interior designers, and I am beyond thrilled to share the first with you today. This new series will give you a little insight behind each designer and, as always, some head-to-toe looks inspired by some of their favorite rooms. Our first designer is Amy Morris, a local Atlanta interior designer and her aesthetic resonates with me. I worked with Amy years ago on our first house, and I loved how it came together!
Amy creates artful, tradition-steeped interiors that function beautifully in the modern world. Since founding Amy Morris Interiors in 2005, Amy has built a collaborative, client-centered practice dedicated to shaping residential environments marked by warmth, simplicity, and seamless continuity between past and present. The ADAC named Amy the Southeast Residential Designer of the Year in 2016 because of her talent for layering interiors with elegance, comfort, history, and surprise
I asked Amy to tell us her favorite things and places to get to know her better, and she did not disappoint. Here is a bit of our conversation and I hope that you love her favorite things, too!
- My favorite place to vacation is Round Hill, Jamaica. The surroundings are so beautiful and the resort is perfect for relaxation.
- My favorite perfume is Prada.
- I love a full body cabernet with dinner or after, and love a vodka during cocktail hour!
- I love eating dinner at Umi and Le Colonial, and we love getting takeout from Cafe Lapin for lunch during work.
- I wear a lot of Lafayette 148; I love the classic look and clean lines.
- I’m quite the binge TV watcher to unwind – I love Yellowstone, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Emily in Paris (although the second season was a little disappointing!)
- My favorite podcast is Crime Junkie!
- My mantra is “Work hard, play hard!”
- My favorite clothing line is Lafayette 148; they are investment pieces but classic.
As always, make sure you receive my newsletters! I send newsletters with each blog post so you can get a heads up on shopping the looks. Each outfit is loaded to LTK, but you will get to shop the post first! Click here to sign up. You will see some new content this year and I don’t want you to miss out. Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, please tell me what is happening in your life and your style needs. In case you missed it, check out the Little Black Dress for Any Occasion post!
If you want to shop Amy’s favorite line, check out these beautiful pieces I am in love with!
VEST | PANT | SWEATER | EARRINGS | HEELS | BAG
PANT | JACKET | CAMI | BAG | HEELS | EARRINGS
DRESS | JACKET | BAG | EARRINGS | HEEL
SKIRT | SWEATER | JACKET | BOOT | BAG | EARRINGS