How To Achieve the Perfect Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic
Ladies, I have decided I am leaning into my coastal grandmother era. The aesthetic is so relaxing and comfortable that I wish for a few slow days on the beach. My family is so busy in the summer and we are never in one place for too long, so I think I am yearning for comfort and cozy surroundings. Join me, as we learn How To Achieve the Perfect Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic.
Coastal grandmother style refers to a design aesthetic combining coastal or beach-inspired decor elements with traditional, cozy, and nostalgic touches. It evokes a sense of warmth, comfort, and relaxation while incorporating elements that reflect the coastal lifestyle.
Here are some key characteristics of coastal grandmother style:
- Coastal Elements: This style incorporates natural elements that are commonly associated with coastal living. This includes colors inspired by the ocean, such as soft blues, sandy neutrals, and crisp whites. Seashells, driftwood, and other beach finds are often used as decorative accents.
- Traditional Furniture: Coastal grandmother style often features traditional furniture pieces that have a timeless and classic appeal. This may include upholstered armchairs, slipcovered sofas, and vintage wooden pieces. Furniture is typically comfortable and inviting, encouraging a relaxed and casual atmosphere.
- Mixing Patterns: Mixing patterns is a common feature of coastal grandmother style. You might see a combination of floral prints, stripes, checks, and coastal motifs like seashells or anchors. The key is to find a balance between different patterns, creating a cohesive and harmonious look.
- Nostalgic Accessories: This style often incorporates nostalgic accessories and personal mementos that reflect family history and cherished memories. Vintage photographs, old books, heirlooms, and handmade crafts add a personal touch and create a sense of nostalgia.
- Soft Textures: Coastal grandmother style embraces soft and tactile textures to enhance the cozy and inviting atmosphere. This may include plush rugs, embroidered pillows, knitted throws, and curtains made from lightweight fabrics like cotton or linen.
- Natural Light: Maximizing natural light is essential in coastal grandmother style. Sheer curtains or blinds are used to allow plenty of sunlight to filter through the windows, creating an airy and bright atmosphere.
- Eclectic Details: This style often incorporates eclectic details that add character and charm. Mixing old and new elements, such as antique pieces with modern accents, creates an interesting and layered look.
Overall, coastal grandmother style is a charming blend of coastal and traditional design elements, creating a cozy and inviting space that reflects a love for family, nostalgia, and the beauty of coastal living.
As always, make sure you receive my newsletters! I send newsletters with each blog post so you can get a heads up on shopping the looks. Each outfit is loaded to LTK, but you will get to shop the post first! Click here to sign up. You will see some new content this year and I don’t want you to miss out. Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, please tell me what is happening in your life and your style needs. In case you missed it, check out the last Style Icon: Sofia Richie Grainge!