Wanderlust Series: Costa Rica
Time for another Wanderlust series! This is Wanderlust Series: Costa Rica. A popular request was for a tropical location with less of an itinerary and more recommendations of what to do. So this format is a little different, and I hope you enjoy this! My brother and his kids live in Costa Rica, so I have visited countless times, but mostly during the rainy season which I still love. I plan to take the kids again this year for some more volcano and rainforest explorations. My girls are older now, so I think we will venture off into some zip-lining and sailing. Costa Rica is known for its stunning natural beauty, and there are many resorts that offer unique experiences to travelers. Here are some of the top resorts to visit in Costa Rica and some fun activities to try:
1. Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo: This luxurious resort is located on the Papagayo Peninsula and offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. The resort has a golf course, spa, and many outdoor activities such as ziplining, surfing, and paddleboarding.
2. Nayara Springs: This adults-only resort is located in the Arenal Volcano National Park and offers stunning views of the volcano. The resort has a spa, hot springs, and many outdoor activities such as hiking, horseback riding, and bird watching.
3. Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo: This modern resort is located on the Papagayo Peninsula and offers stunning views of the Culebra Bay. The resort has a spa, golf course, and many outdoor activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, and fishing.
4. Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa: This resort is located in the Arenal Volcano National Park and offers access to natural hot springs. The resort has a spa, hot springs, and many outdoor activities such as hiking, zip-lining, and horseback riding.
5. The Springs Resort and Spa: This resort is also located in the Arenal Volcano National Park and offers stunning views of the volcano. The resort has a spa, hot springs, and many outdoor activities such as whitewater rafting, kayaking, and hiking.
Some fun activities to try in Costa Rica include:
1. Ziplining: Costa Rica is known for its zipline tours, which offer stunning views of the rainforest.
2. Surfing: With its many beaches, Costa Rica is a popular destination for surfing.
3. Wildlife watching: Costa Rica is home to many species of animals, including monkeys, sloths, and toucans.
4. Rafting: Costa Rica has many rivers that are perfect for whitewater rafting.
5. Hiking: Costa Rica has many national parks and nature reserves that offer great hiking trails.
Costa Rica has two distinct seasons: the dry season (December to April) and the wet season (May to November). The dry season is characterized by sunny days, low humidity, and warm temperatures. The wet season, on the other hand, brings more rain and cooler temperatures.
The dry season is considered the best time to visit Costa Rica, especially for activities such as hiking, exploring national parks, and enjoying the beaches. During this time, the weather is generally predictable, and there is less chance of rain. The dry season is also the peak tourist season, so expect higher prices and more crowds.
The wet season, on the other hand, can be a good time to visit if you don’t mind the rain. The rainforests are at their most lush and green during this time, and there are fewer tourists around. The wet season can also be a good time for surfing, as the bigger waves tend to come during this time.
Overall, the best time to visit Costa Rica depends on your interests and priorities. If you want to avoid the crowds and don’t mind some rain, the wet season can be a great time to visit. If you want to maximize your chances of good weather and want to enjoy the beaches and outdoor activities, the dry season is the best time to go.
As always, make sure you receive my newsletters! I send newsletters with each blog post so you can get a heads up on shopping the looks. Each outfit is loaded to LTK, but you will get to shop the post first! Click here to sign up. You will see some new content this year and I don’t want you to miss out. Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, please tell me what is happening in your life and your style needs. In case you missed it, check out the last Wanderlust Series: Charleston, South Carolina!